Sunday, September 1, 2013

My life as i know it

    An individual is what i am, Habib by name and Dim by nickname. Everything about me is about being happy and contented. I've gone through different phases of life as do everyone else, but those phases shaped the person typing this post. 

   A quick background, I was born and raised in Lagos, Nigeria. My passion for sports or athletics started at a really young age. My dream as a kid was to play professional soccer but that wasn't to happen; although, i played semi pro at some point in my life. 

     Moved to the United States in fall of 2010. I really don't know how to put myself in words. Well, i guess it's because i'm just too awesome :) just kidding... Did i mention i don't take life too seriously. I really don't. I do appreciate life, but i don't beat myself up if things goes wrong.

I'm an Exercise Science major, senior by classification, and  Muslim by religion. My long term goal is to be a physical therapist. I have this belief that if i'm a complete athlete (my definition of a complete athlete is being above average in 5 different individual sports), it would help me be a better therapist as well as knowing how the body responds to training and recovery. I am a very active person and love to meet new people.

      In a nutshell, i love to be active and like to spend time with people of similar interest. I'm a gym rat, soccer player, runner (ran 2 marathon), ping pong player (represented GSU before), and a good guy ;D. The only thing missing for me to be a complete athlete is being a triathlete. My short term goal is to finish an Ironman. I already have a US certified triathlon coach, and training is on the way. All i know right now is "i'd TRI before i die"

I'd post my training program and journey as i progress. 

Thanks for reading.. You're awesome too ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment